There are a couple of reasons you might want to take Ranger training even if you’re not intending to become a Ranger in Black Rock City this year:
- Maybe you volunteer as a Ranger for a regional Burn and your regional requires you to take Black Rock Ranger training each year
- Maybe you’re involved with a big theme camp and would like to sharpen your conflict resolution and mediation skills
- Or maybe you’re just interested in dipping your toe in the Ranger waters, but don’t think you’re interested in becoming a Ranger on playa
Whatever the reason, you are most welcome to attend a Ranger training! But we request the following of you:
- Please, no walk-ins. Our trainings are often filled, so you need to sign up for the training in advance.
- To sign up for training, go here and fill out the form to create an account on the Ranger “Secret Clubhouse”, which is our scheduling system. Then log in to your Secret Clubhouse account and schedule a training. Trainings are posted here; this list is updated throughout the training season (May-August) so check back if you don’t see a training near you.
- Priority will be given to returning Rangers and prospective new volunteers. In the event that a training is full, we may bump you to another training. This happens very rarely, and we’re sorry when it does, but we ask for your understanding here.
Important: If you think you might want to volunteer with the Rangers this year but aren’t sure yet, we ask that you not sign up in the Secret Clubhouse as an auditor. Rather, please submit a Volunteer Questionnaire and go through our normal intake flow. This will be less work for everybody.