Rangers rise from the dust when they’re needed and recede when they’re done.”
Responsibilities and Duties
Among their many duties, Rangers:
- Provide outreach and education to help Burners acculturate to Burning Man
- Act as an information resource to the community
- Respond to emergencies and help get the appropriate resources to the scene
- Reunite lost children with their families
- Help disoriented participants get back to their campmates
- Listen to participants who are having a particularly rough day
- Facilitate problem solving, mediation, and conflict resolution (without telling people what to do)
- Build rapport with fellow Burners as participants and integral members of the community
Rangers come from all parts of the Burning Man community and share a common desire to ensure its continued well being.
Think Rangering might be for you? Want to expand your mediation and problem solving skills as a leader in the community?
All Rangers are “Dirt Rangers,” meaning that they wander the city and are available to help participants who need assistance. Rangers also have a number of specialized teams that handle specific kinds of situations. Learn more about the Ranger Organization.